Jun 7, 2007

First Post - The TV

I wanted to start a blog to document all of the time and effort I have put forth in trying to get a media center to play and record all of my digital content. I am concerned about the broadcast flag so I wanted a system that completely ignores this. Linux is not the first OS that comes to mind when you think of multimedia playback but it turns out it is one of the best (with a couple of large caveats).
I have two media center computers recently built as well as two Samsung LCD TVs. The Samsung LCD TV's are perfect for this application because they have a good amount of connections as well as a VGA PC input that allows the full 1360x768 resolution be used.

I chose Ubuntu 7.04 for the OS because now this is the easiest way to install Mythtv. I would argue that it was much easier than Knoppmyth. I will post more about this setup in a later article.

No comments: