Jan 5, 2009

My Roku Netflix Box is now in HD


Last night I got the 1.5 firmware update on my Roku Netflix Box. The new interface shows clearly that they plan to add new channels to this interface which was confirmed by the announcement today that Amazon on demand is coming to the box. I must have gotten used to the font on the old interface being stretched because now the font looks entirely too skinny.

The quality is as good as an upconverted DVD which is excellent for streaming media. My connection is through the wifi and has no appreciable lag to show for it. Most movies are now starting up with all four stars and doing that quickly. It seems that they fixed the glitch I read about last month or just bought a truckload of bandwidth.

I am starting to love this Roku box as it is becoming the digital swiss army knife of streaming. When all of the major networks have a Roku channel I will be even happier!

No comments: