Jul 7, 2007

Ultimate Mythtv Remote


I bought a Nokia N770 from the recent Woot.com offering. I had immediately envisioned a wireless remote scheduler for my Mythtv backend in the other room. Using Mythweb allows for one to schedule and manage the recordings on the Mythtv. If you have Mythtv just use the application manager in Ubuntu to search and install Mythweb. This install is insecure as in it allows anyone on the LAN to access and change your Mythtv recordings etc. Use on a private LAN or take some mesures to secure the accessibility.



Mythweb seems to be perfect for use with the Nokia's 800 x 480 native resolution. I just put the IP address of the computer with the \mythweb and load the webpage. This would presumably work just as well with Apple's new IPhone. I think the screen of the Nokia 770 is slightly more high resolution than the IPhone but it would work.

I also found an application that will stream video and audio to the Nokia 770 called GMyth

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Jark,

That is really spiff!